CONSIDERATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY
1. Open and transparent management of personal information When scanning your ID we collect your personal information to meet our obligations under the Queensland liquor laws. This personal information consists of, and is limited to: • your name • your date of birth • the photograph appearing on your photo ID. All personal information is securely held and managed at this venue and by our approved operator . Our approved operator is also subject to the Australian Government’s privacy laws.
2. Anonymity and pseudonymity By law, we must operate our ID scanners from 10pm on days that we are approved to permanently trade past 12 midnight. During these times, you cannot enter our venue without your identification being scanned. An exception applies if you are exempted under the Liquor Act from this requirement. The only identification accepted is current photo ID as follows: • an Australian driver licence or learner permit • an adult proof of age card • a recognised proof of age card (e.g. Keypass identity card) • a passport (from any country) • a foreign driver licence (displaying the name, photo and date of birth of the licence holder). Note: Where a foreign driver licence is not written in English, an international driver permit issued in the foreign country of origin (and including a photo of the licence holder and translation) should be presented with the foreign driver licence. It is an offence for a person to use false ID to gain entry into our venue. The maximum penalty of 40 penalty units applies.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. Collection of solicited personal information We are required by law to scan your photo ID prior to letting you into our venue, unless you are exempt under the Liquor Act. We must refuse entry if you choose not to produce your photo ID, or if you have been issued with a banning order that applies to this premises. The information collected by us is used strictly for safety and security purposes to identify if you have been issued with a current banning order or licensee ban. The information may also be used to create a licensee ban from this venue.
4. Dealing with unsolicited personal information The ID scanner system does not collect or use unsolicited personal information.
DEALING WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION
INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF, PERSONAL INFORMATION
CONTACTS AND COMPLAINTS
6. Use or disclosure of personal information Your personal information will be stored at our venue and by our approved operator in a way that protects it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The venue and our approved operator have access to your personal information for the purpose of maintaining the system and responding to lawful requests from a law enforcement agency. If you have been issued with a banning order or licensee ban, the approved operator will alert us to these bans. If you are subject to police or court ordered ban for this venue, we cannot allow you to enter the premises.
7. Direct marketing The personal information held by this venue is not used or disclosed for the purpose of direct marketing.
8. Cross-border disclosure of personal information Your personal information is securely managed and held by The Met and our system provider, Scantek. This information will not be transferred in a readable format outside of Australia.
9. Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers Government issued identifiers such as passport numbers are not collected or used as part of the ID scanner system
10. Quality of personal information We rely on the information provided to us by you to be accurate and current. When we scan your photo ID, our staff will ensure the accuracy of the scanned information by comparing it with the information contained on your photo ID.
11. Security of personal information We take steps to ensure that your personal information is not misused. Data is stored in a secure environment and all data communications are encrypted. Your personal information is automatically and permanently deleted from the ID scanner system 30 days after it was collected. However, information on banned persons will be held in the system for the period of the ban, which may exceed 30 days.
12. Access to personal information You have the right to request access to what personal information is held about you. You can contact us or our approved operator to request this information. You will need to provide photo ID before any information can be released. Some exceptions apply, such as where access would be likely to interfere with criminal matters, or other breaches of the law.
13. Correction of personal information You can contact us and ask to correct the personal information that is held about you. We will require satisfactory proof and/or explanation of the inaccuracy before we consider correcting your personal information.
If you believe we have breached your privacy, or if you want to raise any issues you may have about privacy at our venue, please contact us by the following methods:
Address: 740 Ann St, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006
Phone: 07 3177 0861
Scantek Phone: 1300 552 106 Email: email@example.com
In making a complaint to us about privacy, please give us enough details to be able to identify your concerns and respond appropriately. You must provide us with your name and contact details and a description of your complaint. We will respond to you in a reasonable time frame (usually not more than 30 days).